- Why did you come to GPA?
I chose to come here for many reasons, but I particularly like GPA because of its small class sizes. Unlike other schools where there are 20-40 students crammed into a room, this is a place where I can get to know my students, and they can get to know each other, and make more authentic connections.
- What do you teach?
I currently teach U.S. History and Social Studies. I love it.
- What are your goals for this semester?
My goals are to do my absolute best and learn as much as I can. I’d also like to encourage my students to think critically about the course material, ask important questions, and work towards becoming lifelong learners.
- What do you want to do at GPA?
I want to help students become lifelong learners, critical thinkers, and active participants in democracy.
- What do you want to learn?
I want to learn how to surf.
- What was your GPA in high school?
4.0. OR WAS IT!?
- Any tips for students to increase their GPA
Communicate with your teachers. If you don’t understand something or need clarification, just ask.
- How long have you been in Korea?
- Why did you come to Korea?
Mostly for the food.
- What’s your favorite thing about Korea?
- Do you speak Korean? Or another language?
That’s a secret.
- What do you think of the Korean education system?
I think that all education systems have their own issues, but I could talk about this question for days.
- How old are you?
Older than you think.
- What are your hobbies?
Being in nature, being outside, hiking, reading books that make me think, playing basketball or beach volleyball, swimming and DJing.
- What’s your favorite place?
- Are you married? 😉
Don’t wink at me like that.